The Office of Faculty Development was established in 2009 with the following mission: To facilitate the development of Department of Pediatrics faculty to be national and international leaders in scholarship, clinical care, and teaching. To accomplish this mission, we support our faculty through recruitment, onboarding, structured mentoring and educational programs, assessment, faculty diversity and inclusion and scholarship.
Office of Faculty Development Fast Facts (Updated March 2021)
How We Support Faculty:
Onboarding for New Faculty
- Coaching interviews in the first two weeks of a faculty member's appointment
- "First 100 Day Plan"
- Hazinski Society
- Katherine Dodd Faculty Scholars Program
Faculty Appointments and Promotions
- Guidance for promotions
- Faculty Appointments and Promotions Committee
Faculty Diversity and Inclusion
- Recruitment and retention
- Career development / coaching
- Interface with Office for Inclusion and Health Equity
- Annual review process
- Physician scientist mentoring committees
- Review by Promotions Committee
- Career coaching
William O. Cooper, M.D., MPH
Joseph Gigante, M.D.