We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and only accept applications submitted through ERAS. We offer positions through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Fall fellowship match.
Program admission is competitive, so we encourage applicants to apply early with a completed application. We schedule interviews on Tuesday and Wednesday from August through October, following a thorough panel review of all submitted applications. Our goal is to recruit candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences who love neonatology and are passionate about academic medicine and scholarly pursuit.
The minimum requirements for application to our fellowship program are:
- Certified or eligible for certification by the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatrics or Medicine-Pediatrics
- Completed ERAS application
- Four letters of recommendation (LoRs) of which:
- 1 letter from your Residency Program Director
- 2 letters from a Neonatology Faculty member
- 1 letter from another Critical Care Specialist (Cardiology, Pediatric Intensive Care, or Emergency Medicine)
- Personal statement, including a description of special interests and career goals
- Medical school transcript
- Medical student performance evaluation/Dean’s letter
- Wallet-size color photograph
- USMLE transcripts (Steps 1 and 2 are required; Step 3 is strongly encouraged) or COMPLEX transcripts
- ECFMG status report (for International Medical Graduates)
- J-1 visas are supported
- Applicants may register with ERAS on July 1, 2021 to begin working on their applications.
- Applicants may load documents into ERAS beginning July 7, 2021.
- Fellowship programs may download applications beginning July 21, 2021.
- Match results will be released December 15, 2021 for fellowships to begin July 1, 2022.
We encourage applicants to access their file frequently to ensure timely submission of all application components.
A personal interview is required for applicants who will be ranked for matching.
Associate Program Director
Please contact Michelle Carretero below for more information.