The Department of Pediatrics is pleased to offer a stipend for two visiting students completing a 4-week Pediatric Acting Internship (AI) or Advanced Clinical Elective (ACE). The selected students will receive a $1,500 stipend to cover transportation, lodging, meals, and other necessary expenses. Applications are due April 29, 2022 at 5:00pm CST. The application can be accessed here.
The Mission of the Department of Pediatrics is to build a diverse Department with an inclusive culture that welcomes all backgrounds and experiences, and reflects our community, ultimately contributing to our ability to achieve health equity and provide high-quality care to patients and families. This Underrepresented Minority in Medicine (URiM) Visiting Scholar Program is designed to support talented URiM medical students in pursuit of a career in pediatrics, promote awareness of our residency program, and increase diversity of the Vanderbilt pediatric workforce to support our department’s mission to reflect the community we serve and provide equitable care.
To apply, the student must:
- Self-identify from a background under-represented in medicine
- Be in good academic standing
- Have strong interest in pursuing a career in Pediatrics
- Have a desire to learn more about Pediatrics at Vanderbilt
- Have completed their core clerkships by the start of the visiting rotation
To apply, please:
- Complete an application in VSLO for any Pediatric Acting Internship (AI) or Advance Clinical Elective (ACE). Please be aware that all institutional requirements need to be met.
- Complete the VUMC URiM Visiting Scholar Program application: https://redcap.link/cjq3naic
Notifications will be sent no later than May 9, 2022.
Information about where to stay can be found here.
We look forward to hearing from you!